This notice applies to the website that we own and operate and all installation services that we provide. For the purpose of this notice, we’ll just call them our ‘services’.
When we say ‘personal data’ we mean identifiable information about you, like your name, email, address, telephone number, bank account details, payment information, support queries, and so on.
We may need to update this notice from time to time. Where a change is significant, we’ll make sure we let you know – usually by sending you an email.
Our principles of data protection
Our approach to data protection is built around four key principles. They’re at the heart of everything we do relating to personal data.
- Transparency: We take a human approach to how we process personal data by being open, honest and transparent.
- Enablement: We enable connections and efficient use of personal data to empower productivity and growth.
- Security: We champion industry-leading approaches to securing the personal data entrusted to us.
- Stewardship: We accept the responsibility that comes with processing personal data.
How we collect your data
When you visit our websites or use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be broadly categorised into the following:
Information you provide to us directly: When you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example when you fill out a “request for a free-quotation” form. If you don’t want to provide us with all the personal data requested, you don’t have to.
Information we get from third parties: The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as a Local Authority who you have registered with as an interest in a local “Insulation Project”.
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
- To perform a contract with you, or
- Where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or
- In accordance with a legal obligation, or
- Where we have your consent.
If we don’t collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with all our services, and some functions and features on our websites may not be available to you.
How we use your data
First and foremost, we use your personal data to provide you with any services you’ve requested and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
To communicate with you. This may include:
- Providing you with the information you’ve requested from us (like getting an Insulation quote) or information we are required to send to you
- Operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites and services
- Marketing communications (about Rockwarm or another product or service we think you might be interested in) in accordance with your marketing preferences
- Asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting (which we may engage a third party to assist with).
How we can share your data
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- Local Authorities to inform them via Building Regulations of the work that we have carried out at your property
- Third party service providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data to, for example, support delivery of “Warranties” for the product/services that we have delivered to you
- Regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
- Other people where we have your consent.
Security is a priority for us when it comes to your personal data. We’re committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested – like a 25 year warranty on your installation – or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterward where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication, or send your request to [email protected]
You also have rights to:
- Know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
- Request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
- Object to our continued processing of your personal data
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to [email protected].
If you’re not happy with how we are processing your personal data, please let us know by sending an email to [email protected]. We will review and investigate your complaint, and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame. You can also complain to your local data protection authority. They will be able to advise you how to submit a complaint.
How to contact us
We’re always keen to hear from you. If you’re curious about what personal data we hold about you or you have a question or feedback for us on this notice, our websites or services, please get in touch.
Our email is [email protected].